Between the pouring rain, yesterday’s nine hour drive, and my vacation hangover, I’m having one hell of a time staying focused. I managed to scrape together a Craftastrophe, though. This one ought to go over huge with you Catholics.
Honestly, I’m afraid to leave the house today for fear I’ll be struck down with lightening. I’m not coming out again until the sun does.
Fortunately, KG over at A City Girl in Rural Alaska tagged me with a ridiculous meme this morning. (The fact that she’s reading my blog is concrete evidence there’s not much to do in Alaska.) So humor me while I wallow in my lazy lack o’ writing material and play along with this fun game.
As usual there appear to be rules involved. I suck at rules. And Backgammon. And remembering to take the price tags off of Christmas presents. Also possibly at staying focused on a rainy day.
Why do I feel like I was saying something? OH YES rules! As far as I can tell I have to answer her eight questions, make up eight more, then condemn tag eight people to play the same game. Frankly, it sounds a lot like that time the CDC interviewed me about my case of chlamydia. In fact, I’m just going to pretend that KG is interviewing me here. Then it’s less weird. Ish.
1. You are having dinner with your celebrity crush, who are you with and where?
I’m eating dinner with Neil Patrick Harris while I sit in Justin Timberlake’s lap. I’d like NPH to sit in Rufus Wainwright’s lap, but I’ll let NPH choose for himself. Because I’m launching a serious campaign to convince NPH I should be his new best friend and it’s probably too early in our friendship for me to dictate (heh) whose lap he has to sit in during an informal, friendly meal. I respect both his artistry and his lap choices. Ours in a friendship built on mutual admiration. Well, as soon as I find a way to make him admire me. I’m pretty sure I’m doing this wrong already. God forbid I ever win a Nobel Prize or Academy Award.
2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Tacos. No wait, cream cheese icing. No wait, pepperoni pizza. Shit, this is hard. Can you put pepperoni in a taco and top it with cream cheese icing? Never mind, I never want to eat again.
3. Has a fortune cookie ever really told you your fortune?
It has. But I can’t prove it. I use to have a pile of them that made me really happy and they were stuck all over my desk. But then I had to put my house on the market. Twice. And I packed everything up. Twice. And now I can’t remember where the hell any of them are. Twice. No wait, that didn’t work that time. Anyway, I’m pretty sure I had one once that said, “You will be adored by tens of people.” Ahem. (In bed.)
4. When you are at the movies, which arm rest is yours?
I like to go at two in the afternoon on a weekday. The entire cinema is mine. Additional bonus? I don’t have to put my feet on the ground and get stuck in the cinemuck. I just climb on top of all the vacant seats. Wheee!
5. If you could use one song as a form of torture for your enemies, what song would you choose?
Do I have to be present for this torture session? If not, it’s a no-brainer. “The Motown Song” by Rod Stewart. Now, if someone were torturing me the obvious song selection would be “All For Love.” I still haven’t forgiven Sting. *shudder*
6. What movie do you watch anytime it comes on TV, even though you own the dvd?
Ghostbusters. I totally want to spoon with Dr. Peter Venkman.
7. What was your biggest childhood fear? Does it still scare you?
SNAKES. YES. *looks nervously at ground and pulls feet up into chair*
8. Are you a morning person, or a night owl?
That’s such a weird saying. I mean, why can’t I be a night person or a morning owl? If I want to stay up late, I have to cease to be a person? Gosh KG, how do you feel about night people? Wait. Night people sounds like the title of a horror movie. I don’t think I like night people either. But I suppose I like owls. Especially the drunk ones. So I’d love to say I’m a night owl, but in reality I’m a morning person – despite my best efforts.
Here’s what I’d like to know about you, Interwebz.
- How many tennis balls can you fit in your mouth.
- Do you have a recurring doodle that you always scribble in meetings?
- If you could have any pet, what would it be and what would you name it?
- Do these shoes make my feet look ginormous?
- Can you put your foot on your own head?
- What’s your favorite acronym?
- If you could be a character from a John Hughes film, who would you be?
- If you were a food item, would you rather be packaged in shrink wrap or a tin can?
- Keeping You Awake – Because he always needs a kick in the pants to get his blog on.
- Living With Bob – Because Michelle needs a mental margarita.
- Dufmanno – Because she needs a mental colonic after her birthday debaucheries.
- Tales of Rachel – Because I’m genuinely curious.
- Midwestern Mama – Because I don’t think I’ve picked on her yet.
- Patty Punker – Because she owes me. *wink*
- Absence of Alternatives – Because I can’t resist.
- A Vapid Blonde – Because, because, because, because, BECA– USE! Because of the wonderful things she does. Ba da da da ba da dah!